Quick Homemade Donuts!
The recipes that came with my donut maker used a TON of butter… so my mom gave me a recipe she uses with her donut maker, and they came out delicious, and use no butter at all. Here we go!:
Ingredients (makes about 10 mini donuts):
- first and foremost you will need a donut maker. You can find them at target, or even on amazon. Here’s the one I own on amazon for ~30 bucks
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 4 tbsp oil
- whatever you wanna top them with. I made a cinnamon sugar mixture, and also tried powdered sugar.
1. Stir dry ingredients together
2. add milk, vanilla, and egg and beat with a hand mixer for about 1 min (or beat vigorously by hand)
3. add oil, beat one more minute. Do not over-beat or you will have chewy donuts.
4. Grease donut maker and spoon in to fill the bottom cup.
5. Close and bake for 6 minutes.
6. Roll in cinnamon sugar or whatever else you like
Also good with a little bit of jelly!
Seriously Eatsy: The Not-Your-Average-Cooking-Blog Blog